Friday, December 2, 2016

December Reflections 2016

It has been a while since I have posted anything on this blog.  Too busy, not interested, why should I, etc, etc.  For whatever reason, it just did not happen.   Now I have come up with a plan for December and hopefully will be able to keep it going in 2017.   

The purpose of my blog was to post photos and write about them as they represented something in my life, my feelings or just sharing the beauty of the world.   I still want to do that.  I want to share my world with anyone that is interested.  

While posting a photo in Instagram, I came across the December Reflections hashtag. When I checked this out, I saw that it was started by Susannah Conway who also is responsible for the August Break that I have participated in before where we post a photo each day based on the prompt that is given.  December Reflections works the same way but has very interesting prompts.  Some prompts are Fave photo of 2016, Best Book, Best Day and the like along with prompts such as On the table, Light and In the Air.  Reflections of December days.    I like having photo prompts as it gets me thinking outside my normal box of nature photography.  

So, the blog will be the place to post the photos for December.  One each day along with the WRITING!  The writing about the photo is my biggest hangup.  I believe in myself so I know if I keep writing it will become easier and will also evolve into what I really want to say.   My goal is to post daily and continuing to post daily into the near year.  One photo, a short essay on the story of the photo.   Let me begin with the prompts for December 1 and 2...I am already behind!

December 1 - On the table

    I love sharing my photography with friends on Facebook and Instagram.  This year I have made an effort to print more of my photos and do something with them.  One of the things I have done for the past several years in make calendars for Christmas gifts.   Giving something of myself.



December 2 - Light
I love the fall/winter morning sun as it makes long shadows across the yard.  If I stood outside at this time, my shadow would be very tall for a short person!



Tomorrow's prompt is Fave Photo of 2016..watch the blog for that photo and its story.

No comments:

Post a Comment