Sunday, December 11, 2016

December 11 The Biggest Lesson in 2016



I like to think that I am prepared, vigilant and ready for anything.   But this past year, I found I am a procrastinator.  Since I  retired, I have grown into the habit of letting things go until the last minute.  I am sure this is because I have all day, I have no deadlines, I don't have to be anywhere on someone else's clock.

When one procrastinates, stress happens.   Sometimes stress is good as it makes me stay on track to finish a project..or clean the house.   But things I want or need to do just don't get done.   I don't let what I have said I will do for my family or others fall in this procrastination category.  Which I guess is a good thing unless my things fall to the wayside because someone else asked.  

So the biggest lesson that I learned this year is that I need to develop a more structured way of doing my daily activities and stop procrastinating.    Set up some loose schedules, do things before they need to be done, set aside days for little jobs that go undone because I just say to myself "I'll do that later!"  

So a new year's thought stolen from Nike..Just Do It.   Make the time to get it done!



I hope I can stick to this plan. 
 Then again,  I can always do it another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment