Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 20 Snuggle







My Momma loved to sew quilts.   During her sewing years, she made a quilt for all of us, myself, my sons and granddaughers,  my brother, my nieces and nephews,  others who were special to her.  I think she probably made over 30 quilts..mostly sewn on a sewing machine.   

Since I have always been more hot natured, I had her to make  a couple blankets instead of quilts.  She did this by using the quilt pattern but not any "quilting" between the top and bottom which made it very much lighter in weight.

This is a favorite little blanket that she made, a lap robe sort of blanket.   I found this material patterned with wolves and owls in the cloth shop, so she used it for the top and did a patchwork quilt for the bottom.  There are actually two smaller ones and then a larger one.  I used the two smaller blankets for the grandgirls when they would stay with me as we all snuggled together on the couch.   Now I use a smaller one for myself when I sit and read or watch TV.  I will hold on to these to give to the girls when they have their own home.

Snuggled under a Mother's love.  


1 comment: