Sunday, December 4, 2016

December 4 - Circles


The December Reflection prompt today is Circles. 
 So I looked around and decided to try creating some still lifes that would be a good interpretation of circles.

I collected leaves, acorns and hickory nuts and made a mandala on a the bottom of a circular pot.
A mandala means circle in Sanskrit and a definition is: a geometric figure representing the universe in Hindu and Buddhist symbolism.

I suppose the Universe is represented in the items I chose..I could spend a long time listing how the items are all connected.  We are all connected.


The other circles I found were my empty flower pots.  Another connection as I like to have green plants growing and will fill these pots with earth, plant some flowers, maybe harvest some seeds and the cycle will continue. A circular pattern to life. 

It is really amazing how everything is connected in circles when you think about it with an open mind.



December Reflections prompt for the 5th is Best Book 2016.  
I read to many books.  This will be a hard one to pick.

1 comment:

  1. Six degrees of separation. We are all connected. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete