Monday, July 13, 2015

A Silent Walk in the Forest


Alone, I walk the pine forest path
green and brown, 
twisting and winding 
its way down hill, 




Just being
Seeing




                               Look! red and  gold


The path  flattens and changes to
a carpet of softness, 
lush and green and damp.
Then, flowers greet me, 



                                                                    Mother Nature's gifts
                                                                  growing along the path.


Before I round the bend,
I can hear the burbling
and then the River sings for me!



The path beyond the river is different,
as I climb up and away, 
trees are heavy with leaves, 
oaks, birch and maples
and others I can't name.




Reaching for the sky
with ferns growing in the shade
of their outflung limbs.



And then, 
a mountain laurel shedding its bloom
makes a carpet of white and pink
amid the brown and green
of the forest.




I am alone but yet not,
I feel the Presence.
  I love the forest
and it loves me.





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely posting of your walk through the forest, Mary. That little winding path is so enticing! I feel quite refreshed as our temperatures slowly soar over here! I like your presentations of the images with the text. It makes me feel as if I'm on a walk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, my; this is so beautiful. You have perfectly captured - in words AND images - what it is to take a silent walk in a forest. A really contemplative post.

    ReplyDelete