Sunday, March 21, 2021

Embrace this Space Day 50/100dayproject

  Yeah!  Half way through the project of taking a photo a day of one of my flower beds.  Since the bed has not produced the blooms of daffodils and snowdrops that it previously had, this has been a struggle.  Thankful for rain that helped to add a differently look to the photos.  Doing this project does make me look closely at everything that is happening in the bed...including fire ants that I had to poison.

Today's photo is a snowdrop and two seed pods.  I learned that bulb plants like snowdrops and daffodils will produce seed pods but to harvest the seeds takes time and effort and the seeds may not germinate for several years with bulbs coming up at about five years.  It also said that the seed pods take needed nutrients from the bulbs so it is best to remove the seed pods so the bulb will be healthy.

I will stick to the bulbs! 

On to the second 50 days of photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment