Thursday, March 11, 2021

Embrace this Space Day 40/100dayproject

Returned home from a three day trip hoping to see more flowers blooming in this space.
Only three little snowdrops.  Even the daffodils are gone.
Something is very strange here!

I have thought about the many reasons why the daffodils did not bloom as well as last year.  Too much rain, too cold, I separated last fall and replanted them, not enough plant food.   Or my green thumb is turning dark!    

The daffodils in the mountains of North Carolina three hours away were showing out.   They were everywhere; in yards, along the ditch of the road, in the forest and along the creeks and rivers.  That takes care of the reason being too cold...it snowed up there about 3 weeks ago and it was frosty two of the three mornings I was there.   Plus the daffodils are basically wild along the road and the forest so no one takes care of them.

So I will just let this space be.   I have some allium planted and I am going to put some dahlia bulbs in the front part for summer bloom.     Maybe those will flower! 

I don't know how boring this space will get in the next month while the other plants start growing! At least the project is almost half way.  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment