Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Photographs and Words

     I have never been a writer even though I am a voracious reader.  
Words are something that I use sparingly except with family and close friends. 
What about words that would be part of my photographs?
 I would rather read words than make myself 
come up with words to describe or explain my photographs.  

         I could find parts of songs or poems that might compliment my photographs.

This photo says to me..

" My eyes have seen the glory.."  




or this one  "Take me home, country roads, to a place I belong"




or this song line " I see a bad moon arisin' ..."



But are words really necessary for photographs?
If I am sharing a photograph for others to see and enjoy 
what if their words are different from mine?

Maybe I only supply the photographs to make others feel the words!


What would your words be?





1 comment:

  1. Just lovely photos, Mary - starting with that sunset! I love the song you mention by John Denver: "Take me home country roads..."
    The moonrise is such an interesting capture.
    As for words... of course, others will not always feel the same ones as us. It all depends if we want to share only our images or also our feelings about our images.
    Best thing is to go with how we feel when we do our postings!

    ReplyDelete