Monday, September 1, 2014

Reliable Joy

A new acquaintance that was taking the same photo class, Adventures in Seeing Summer Camp, came up with some words to describe the feeling that we get when we take photos of something that we know will make us happy...reliable joy!   Having a heart connection to people, places and things in such a way that we can always count on them to give our heart a happy bump and a smile to our face.  These are some of my "reliable joys"!



               Family
Nature


 
Reminders of the Past

Landscapes of the USA 

See with your heart and not just your mind!  Know all your "reliable joys!"

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea: "Reliable Joys"! I love all of yours and share some of them too! I like that design on the side of your barn shot. I'm wondering what it means.
    I shall be looking out for my own reliable joys to give that instant happy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The design is actually an Amish quilt pattern, and probably not limited to the Amish. I have seen this pattern in Amish quilt pattern books, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quilt blocks all over this area of North Carolina. There may be Amish people living in the area as it is a farm community.

      Delete