Wednesday, August 1, 2018

What happened to this blog?!


Posting to a blog is work!  As a retired person, work is not what I want to do so a year has passed by with nothing written because I was lazy. That's my story.

August 2018 is here with a new energy to be creative.  I have started a project that is combining some art and some poetry.  The project involves taking a page from an old worn paperback book and drawing, painting, coloring or otherwise decorating the page but also circling some words along the page that will make a poem or just random thoughts.





The book I have chosen for this is Wild Women of the Old West edited by Glenda Riley and Richard W. Etulain from 2003.    It is a book I picked up  somewhere in Colorado (probably at a local museum in a small town) just for something to read.    I read the book and it has sat on the bookshelf for 15 years and just recently this book along with others was  in a stack that was going to be throw out or donated to the junk store.   Then this creative idea was brought to my attention so I said "what the heck, I can do that with one of these books."   I decided to use this book because I am going to keep the wild women theme in the poems.   Words about strong women who make their own way and do what they have to do to make a life.   This work will make me use some watercolors, markers and colored pencils and some other things that have been sitting in the box since last summer. 



   I have given myself a deadline, 30 days or all of August, to complete this project.    I am making a good start as I was fired up and got a few pages done already.   Very amateurish but done!   So I have about 25 more to do.  

Now the blog will become a daily posting.   I will post a page a day and the only words written will be the poem.    Maybe my artistic ability will improve and maybe the words will resonate with others.  It will be a learning experience which is always good. 


August 1



Wild Women
Freedom to try different roads
Monuments to feminine ideals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment