Friday, January 8, 2016

Walking into 2016



I love walking..just putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward. 

No particular place to go.

Walking most days here at home is a way to clear my mind and just be. 
 The road and path is familiar and holds no surprises.  I can just concentrate on nothing.

 Beginning a walk on an unfamiliar path, road or trail is one of my favorite things.



Walking in a new location is exciting!
What will my eyes see that is new to me?
What gifts will I receive from the Earth?



Along the creek in the snow, 




High up on the mountain trail above the lake, 


Along the river surrounded by high cliffs, 


along the boardwalk at the marsh, 


and along the beach.

Each time I go to a new place and begin to walk,
a whole new world opens up before me.

Walking without a destination, 
 enjoying the journey of Life.


2 comments:

  1. Mary, I love your way of walking as it's similar to mine! Walking and enjoying everything which captures my attention along the way! I love the creek shot in the snow and that last image of the broken fence in the sand. May your walks this year be full of beauty and new discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you have some wonderful places to walk! I also enjoy walking and try to do three to four miles a day. I have my favorite routes nearby, which helps me "clear my mind" as you have written. Discovering a new path is always such a treat.

    ReplyDelete