Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving November 23



                                                                      November 23

It is getting very close to Thanksgiving Day, a special day to give thanks for our home, food to eat and people in our lives.  But for me this is every day, thankful for just being alive for another day; to enjoy life, to be happy in what I have and where I am. 





                         
 It does not take much to make me happy..I even like acorns that will make you twist your ankle if you walk on them.  They fall from the oaks all over the yard along with their friends, the oak leaves.  This year, the oak leaves were not even pretty, just a dull brown that was so blah.  The acorns have multiplied by the thousands even after they hit the ground..I know this as every day I go out and count them..there are 1,749,652 and that is not counting all the ones that are broke in half.  And because the ground is so wet, they are sprouting those little tails that will make more oaks trees.  I keep telling them we have enough and I will be raking until next spring but they just don't listen.  So I will just sing to them as I rake..and stumble if I step on them the wrong way.   They are beautiful!  I am thankful I have oak trees to share my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment