Sunday, September 27, 2015

Why I love photography


A moonflower brings joy and happiness!

 



It fills me with awe and gratitude as I watch it unfold.









It lifts me up in faith and optimism
                                                   to see something so beautiful.





My purpose, to share this beauty with others.


I feel compassion 
and empathy for its short life
as it folds up 
dying in the morning light.


Those feelings are why I love photography.
Feelings to be revisited.

"How near at hand it was, 
if they had eyes to see it."  
 G.M. Hopkins



2 comments:

  1. All stunning photos, Mary. You have really captured the beauty of this astonishing flower which seems to do a graceful dance as it opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I finally got this one off my list of blogs. And I do love looking at these photos again and again.

      Delete